Italian Buns with H.U.G Bakery
These buns are the ones that paved the way for us. This is the first bun recipe which gave a light and fluffy texture, after several years of having baked more dense and heavy buns. And this is one of the bestselling bun in H.U.G. Bakery.
900 ml water
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
30 g psyllium husks
3 tsp Atlantic sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1/4 tsp ground coriander
270 g rice flour
150g corn flour
90g potato flour or cornstarch
30 g coconut fiber flour
1. Mix the water, vinegar, yeast and psyllium husks well together and leave the mixture to gelatinize while weighing the rest of the ingredients.
2. Now stir it all well together, preferably on the mixer for 10-15 minutes. Let the dough rise for an hour and a half, maybe two hours, depending on how warm your kitchen is.
3. Use a spoon to form appropriate pieces of dough from the bowl. If necessary, dip the spoon in water as the dough may stick. Dip the buns lightly in flour for a slightly rustic look or dip them in grains if you prefer that. Poppy seeds are recommended, or sesame seeds if you want to make burger buns.
4. Bake the buns immediately in a well-heated fan oven, at 220 degrees for about 40 minutes.
5. Do not cut them until they have cooled down a little.