Cod with Garlic Sauce with Jozef Youssef
2pcs Cod or other white fish
2pcs Spring onion
3/4 bulb of Garlic
100ml Oyster sauce
15ml Soy sauce
50g All purpose flour
Salt to taste
20ml Sesame oil
50ml Rape seed oil
150g Japanese rice
1. Wash and soak the rice for 10 mins then drain. Place the rice in a saucepan and cover with water, add a pinch of salt. Put a lid or foil to cover well so no steam can get out. Bring to a boil then and cook on a very low heat for about 20mins
2. Chop the garlic till very fine then gently fry in the sesame oil and half the rapeseed oil
3. Once the garlic is a light golden colour add oyster sauce and soy sauce, mix well, bring to a boil and then cook over a low heat setting.
4. Bring water to boil, add salt and put in the broccoli florets (cook till tender but crunchy - about 3mins). Once ready, strain and keep aside.
5. Coat fish in seasoned flour and fry till golden on both sides.
6. Chop the spring onions for garnishing.
7. Plate the rice and broccoli, followed by the fish. Add a generous helping of the sauce and garnish with the spring onions.