Asparagus in Morel Sauce, Jerusalem Artichokes in Parsley Pesto & Lentil Salad with Artur Kazaritski
1 bunch white asparagus
1 bunch green asparagus
Sauce for Asparagus:
200ml white wine
1 spring lemon thyme
2 tbs butter
1 bunch parsley
1. Dice the morels, cook on pan with olive oil until caramelised.
2. Add to the finished sauce.
3. Chop parsley leaves and stems, add to the finished sauce.
4. Cook until alcohol evaporates and liquid reduces 3 times, remove shallot & thyme, then emulsify with butter. Once emulsified, mix with cooked morels and chopped parsley.
5. Fry asparagus on pan with olive oil, season with salt. Once asparagus is caramelised, transfer to the plate and pour the over with sauce.
For Jerusalem Artichokes:
Peel and cut artichokes into cubes, mix with olive oil and season with salt. Bake in oven at 220c. until caramelised
For Parsley "Pesto":
2 tablespoons of oil
50g parsley leaves
20g pumpkin seeds
1. Roast pumpkin seeds on pan, then blend in food processor with fresh parsley and olive oil, drop of lemon juice and salt.
2. When Jerusalem artichokes are caramelised, mix them with parsley "pesto"
For Red Lentil Salad:
1dl red lentils
salt to taste
1/3 green pointy cabbage
1 bunch of tomato
1 bunch of radishes
1 bunch of parsley
1 bunch of dill
1. Cook lentils in pot, around 20min, until lentils are almost cooked, but still "grainy"
2. Cut all vegetables into desired shape. I prefer smaller and thiner pieces.
3. Slice cabbage thin and soak in ice cold water for 20min, so it will get more crunchy.
4. Remove from the water before serving, mix with diced vegetables, herbs and cooked red letils.
5. Season with olive oil, salt, touch of pepper and lemon juice.